Nowadays it’s not only common to carry around a lot of “baggage” or “clutter,” it’s considered normal and is often overlooked.
Not convinced? Think about the thoughts, experiences and memories you are still holding onto to from last week, last month, last year and even years ago. Things that you feel you shouldn’t have done, could have done better, or anger and resentment you carry towards others. What are those negative thoughts and experiences that play over and over in your head like an old eight track?
Things you know you need to let go of, but you don’t know how. Or worse the invisible things you don’t even realize how thinking about it is holding your positive energy hostage, like what Gina said to you last year or that text message hubby sent you last week that made you feel “some kinda way.” Enough already! It’s time to declutter your mind, let it all go and reclaim your energy and your life!
This negative emotional roller coaster is holding you back, keeping you stuck in quicksand and taking your energy and attention away from focusing on positive, productive matters you want to create in your life.
Does this sound like you? Don’t worry, you’re not alone, but I’m sure you’re tired. Right? All that dead weight gets heavy and exhausting! Give yourself permission to take a deep breath and let it all go!
Why it’s time to “let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go!”
Your mental clutter is getting in the way of the life you really want.
More than likely you have no idea of all the negative effects clutter has in every area of your life. I won’t bore you with all the scientific details, but I will make it plain for you.
Clutter is not just physical, there are all kinds- relationships, time, mental, emotional, and spiritual clutter. Not only does it disturb your day-to-day life, but it also dramatically upsets the success of your career, business, happiness, inner peace, abundance in all areas, your health, your relationships, and your ability to live up to your highest potential and embrace your greatest being to be the person you want to be in the world.
When you feel overwhelmed, burned out, anxious, depressed, fatigued, uncreative, or are frustrated with your body, your finances or your relationships, some form of mental clutter or stinkin’ thinkin’ is at the root of what’s really going on. And when you break through the clutter, you break open and create space for your life to start flowing positively again.
In essence, your mental clutter is preventing you from being as successful, prosperous, happy, and fulfilled as you’d like. Fortunately, we can change all of that with heart work, soul searching and simple exercises.
“The wonderful, beautiful thing that happens when you rid yourself of the things that don’t see your worth? You make space in your life for all the glorious things you deserve.” ― Mandy Hale
Now you know the negative effects of holding on to what no longer serves you, it’s time to take an honest look at your life and declutter the baggage.
You may finish this in a matter of minutes, several hours or days. Take your time and have fun letting it all go!
- What are you putting up with?
- Make a list of 10 things that you are putting up with at home.
- Make a list of 10 things that you are putting up with at work.
- Make a list of 10 things that you are putting up with in your relationships or any other area of your life.
- Make an action plan to get rid of/communicate these things that you have been putting up with to anyone involved.
- What’s unfinished?
- Make a list of things that are unresolved/unfinished in your life (career, family, relationships, health, spirituality)
- Make an action plan of steps to take to reduce this list.
- Do you need to clear the air with anyone? If so, just do it! Its time to forgive and let go. If you don’t know how to forgive or aren’t ready to, its time to see me for help. Life is too short!
- Did you intend to call someone or keep in touch with someone, but still haven’t done it? If yes, stop doing this exercise now and give them a call, send them a text or an email right now.
- Let go of as many coulda, woulda, shouldas, maybes, oughtas as you can. Write them all down, let them all go!
- What are your standards?
- Write down the old standards that you beat yourself up about, and judge yourself for that don’t serve you. Now, burn this list and let it go. Write down a list of the new standards that now serve you that you are going to adopt in your life from this day forward.
- List 5 people who you admire the most. Identify their greatest qualities, behaviours, attitudes and what you like about how they lead their life. What standards do they have? What standards could you raise starting today to be more like them?
- Respect that other people’s standards will be different from your own and that’s ok. Think of 5 close colleagues or friends – what are their standards and how are they different from yours? Acknowledge and accept the differences.
Now that you’ve completed the exercises, pat yourself on the back and give yourself a big hug. Time to engage in self-care and celebrate taking massive action to detox yourself from negative, limiting beliefs, behaviours and habits. This is the first step to embracing a freedom focused life full of passion, purpose and greatness. This is your time, rise up and claim it!
Live life, love fully and laugh often!
Ladies, I'm here to serve you! I invented a 3 month coaching program just for you to help you embrace all that you are in service to the world and your highest self. Schedule your free 20 minute Breakthrough session with me now here!